Jump to Recipe
2 Way Cauliflower Bread
Gluten, dairy, grain, refined sugar free.
- Hand beater.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 5 eggs
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- ⅔ cup coconut flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (or butter/ghee if tolerated) melted
For Savory Bread
- 3 cloves garlic crushed/minced
- 2 tsp dried or fresh rosemary fresh or dried
For Sweet Bread
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger fresh or powder
- 1 orange or lemon rind grated
- Chop up the cauliflower and steam it until soft. Set aside to cool then squeeze out moisture by balling up in a tea towel and wringing.
- Preheat over to 160°C fan bake.
- Get two bowls, one medium and one large. Separate the eggs putting the whites into the medium bowl and the yolks into the large bowl.
- Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and using a hand beater, whisk until stiff peaks form (several minutes).
- In the large bowl with the egg yolks, add the coconut flour, baking powder, salt, coconut oil and the ingredients for either the savory or sweet options and whisk together. If becomes to hard, add some of the egg whites and keep whisking until combined.
- Add the cauliflower to the large bowl (make sure you've squeezed out the excess liquid) and whisk again until blended with other ingredients.
- Finally, fold the egg whites into the rest of the ingredients then transfer to a lined loaf tin. If savory, sprinkle with pumpkin or sesame seeds – if sweet sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until golden on top. Once cooked, remove from tin and allow to cool on a rack before slicing with a knife. It is absolutely delicious if you then fry slices in a frypan with some coconut or olive oil – yum!
Store in the fridge and slice as needed, or slice and free flow freeze and take out as needed.