Gluten and dairy free.
- 1½ cups organic rolled oats I use Harraways
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 handful chocolate pieces or sultanas OPTIONAL
- Heat oven to 160°C fanbake. In a medium to large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a small bowl, melt the coconut oil and whisk in the honey and vanilla – then finally whisk in the egg. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Once mixture has come together, add in the hot water and stir until the liquid is absorbed by the oats. Can leave to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Roll into balls and then press down on a baking tray (use greaseproof paper on the tray) Bake for about 12-15 minutes until they start to brown.
- Remove from oven and slide onto cooling rack to finish setting. Once cooled, keep in fridge to last several days.