Blueberry Coconut Muffins
Gluten, dairy, refined sugar free.
- Kitchen Whizz (optional)
- 2 bananas
- 3 free range or organic eggs
- ⅓ cup honey or pure maple
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup almond meal (or swap for chestnut, macadamia or gluten free flour)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 lemon zest grated and juice squeezed
- 1 cup fresh organic or spray free blueberries frozen fine too
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add all the ingredients – except for the blueberries – to your kitchen whizz and blitz for 30 seconds until combined (may need to scrape down sides once). Can also mash banana by hand and then add wet ingredients and mix, then dry ingredients and mix.
- Add heaped spoonful's to silicone molds or baking paper on a muffin tray (sprinkle desiccated coconut on top if desired) bake for 15-18 minutes or until bounce back if pressed.
Swap the blueberries for other berries or sultanas or dark chocolate chips.