Gluten, dairy, refined sugar free.
- Breadmaker (mine is a Breville Bakers Oven)
- 1 tbsp active dried yeast I use Tasti brand
- 3 tbsp pure honey or maple
- 2½ cups warm water Needs to be warm to activate the yeast/honey
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ⅓ cup ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup ground psyllium husk
- 6 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- In a medium sized bowl, add the yeast and honey/maple – then add the warm water and stir. Leave to activate/leaven for 20-30 minutes (will start to bubble and rise).
- In a large bowl, add all the other ingredients and mix together.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and stir until it is all mixed together.
- Scrape the mixture into the breadmaker pan and choose "basic" setting (approx 3 hours and 20 minutes)
Before adding wet ingredients to dry ingredients; Fruit bread variation – add 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp mixed spice, 1 cup of sultanas. Seed bread variation – add 1 cup of a mixture of pumpkin, sesame, sunflower seeds. Nut bread variation – add 1 cup of chopped walnuts, almonds etc. The possibilities are endless!!! Please note, there is a variety of flours as they have different qualities that contribute to texture, heaviness, binding of the bread.