Chicken Leek Pumpkin Pasta
Gluten, dairy, refined sugar free.
- Stick whizz or blender.
- ¼ of a pumpkin
- 2 cups uncooked gluten free spiral pasta
- 1 onion diced
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 can full fat coconut cream
- 1 leek diced, the whole thing including greens
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- Cube the pumpkin and place in a steamer to cook.
- Simmer the pasta in water until it is just cooked, drain and set aside.
- For the pumpkin sauce. In a large pot heat some fat or oil, then gently soften/brown the onion. Add in the chicken stock, salt, paprika, coconut cream and heat it through.
- Add in your steamed pumpkin, and using a stick whizz or blender, blitz the mixture until creamy and set aside.
- In a small to medium frying pan, heat some fat or oil and gently soften the leek and garlic and set aside.
- Heat the large pot with the pumpkin sauce in on a low heat and all of the rest of your components – the leek/garlic mixture, the chicken and the pasta. Mix through until warmed.