Jump to Recipe
Chicken Pumpkin Meatloaf
Gluten, dairy, refined sugar, grain free.
- 500g chicken mince I use Bostocks Organic
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- ¼ of a pumpkin (approx 300-400 grams once prepared) grated (I use kitchen whizz with grater attachment)
- 1 carrot grated
- quality salt and pepper
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- ½ cup fresh garden herbs or 2-3 tsp of dried (tarragon, sage, rosemary, basil, thyme or mixed herbs)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seed flour or swap for almond meal
- ¼ cup almond meal or swap for pumpkin seed flour
- Turn oven onto 160°C fan back or 180°C standard oven.
- Throw everything into a large bowl and mix together.
- Line two baking tins or a larger baking dish with baking paper and spoon mixture in (see note below as to why I do in two tins) and bake for approx 45 minutes or until top looks crispy.
I spread this mixture between 2 loaf tins – reason being so it cooks faster but also so it holds together better and is easier to manage as a leftover slice.