Jump to Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten, dairy, egg free, refined sugar free.
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1½ cups almond meal
- ¼ cup desiccated or shredded coconut
- ½ tsp good quality salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½-¾ cup chocolate chips I use Healtheries Baking Bits – sugar free
- ½ cup coconut oil or butter – I use a mixture of the two! Don't use all butter otherwise cookies will be crumbly.
- ⅓ cup pure maple or honey
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan bake.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together getting any lumps out.
- In a small bowl or saucepan, melt the coconut oil and/or butter. Stir in the maple or honey plus the vanilla extract. Then pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and stir.
- Once the mixture has come together, roll into balls and press out onto a tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a rack to allow to cool and set.