Chocolate Lemon Kumara Brownie
Gluten, dairy, sugar, nut free.
- Food processor, stick whizz.
- 400g orange kumara cubed
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour generous
- ½ cup cacao
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 lemon (zest grated and juice squeezed in)
- ½ tsp quality sea salt
- 1 avocado ripe
- 1½ tbsp cacao
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- pinch of quality sea salt
- Weigh, peel and chop up the kumara then cook in a steamer until soft.
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan bake.
- While waiting, add all the other brownie ingredients to your food processor.
- Once the kumara is cooked add it to the food processor and blend everything. May need to scrape down the sides.
- Pour the batter into a baking dish lined with baking paper (mine is 26cm x 18cm, I wouldn't go bigger than that) and bake for 30 minutes. It might rise up oddly when it's baking but don't worry it will flatten down again.
- Remove from baking dish and paper and allow to cool on rack.
- You can just sprinkle with coconut prior to cooking if you like – or, the more decadent option! Once brownie is cooled, make the icing.
- In a small bowl, add the avocado, cacao and maple. You can mash together or use a stick whizz for a faster job. If too thick (depending on the size of your avocado) add a little water or nut milk until desired consistency. Spread thickly over brownie then slice.