Jump to Recipe
Coconut + Kumara Loaf
Gluten, dairy, sugar, grain free
- Food processor
- 1 cup cooked orange kumara
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup tapioca flour or rice flour if don't have
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp coconut cream or coconut yoghurt
- 1 lemon – rind and juice
- Peel kumara (approx a medium sized one) and cube then place in steamer to cook.
- Preheat oven to 180°C bake or 160°C fan bake and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- While kumara is cooking, add all other ingredients to a food processor – when kumara is cooked, measure out 1 cup, add to food processor then whizz everything for a minute (might need to scrape down the sides).
- Pour into the loaf tin, sprinkle over a little extra desiccated coconut then bake for 45-55 minutes, toothpick should come out clean and be golden on top.