Coconut Rough Cookies
Gluten, dairy, refined sugar free.
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp maple
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa or cacao
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup rice flour Or ½ cup of GF SR flour
- ½ tsp baking powder Omit if using GF SR flour
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil DON'T MELT!
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 150°C fan bake.
- In a bowl add the egg, maple, vanilla, salt and cocoa and whisk together.
- Add in the almond meal, rice flour, baking powder and desiccated coconut and mix.
- Add in the chocolate chips and coconut oil, but don't melt it. Kind of like a butter, just use the back of a wooden spoon to press down and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Do so until no longer has chunks. Should be able to roll into balls nicely. If mixture is too wet, add a little more almond flour. If too dry, add a little more coconut oil.
- Bake for 12 minutes then remove from oven and allow to set before turning out on rack.