Creamy Leek, Root Veg & Salmon Chowder
Gluten, dairy, sugar, grain, nut free.
- ½ leek include some greens, sliced finely
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 medium potatoes or equivalent in pumpkin for lower carb
- 1 medium kumara diced
- 1½ cups chicken broth/stock 1 jar of homemade chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- any spices you like paprika or curry are nice
- 1 tin of coconut cream
- salmon fillet or a large tin of wild caught salmon
- Heat olive, coconut oil or animal fat in a large pot and soften the leeks and garlic.
- Add the potatoes or pumpkin and kumara along with the broth. Simmer until soft, add salt and pepper, any spices and lightly mash the veg.
- Add the coconut cream and salmon and simmer gently until chowder thickens and the flavours entwine, for around 15 minutes.
Swap potatoes for pumpkin for lower carb.