Jump to Recipe
Lemon + Vanilla Cupcakes
Gluten, dairy, refined sugar free.
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut or olive oil
- 2 lemons zest and juice
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- leftover lemon zest and juice
- ½ cup thick coconut yogurt
- In a medium to large bowl, mash the banana using a fork. Add in the eggs, salt, vanilla, oil and whisk.
- Grate the lemon zest from both lemons – put a little aside for the icing. Add the rest to the bowl. Squeeze the lemon juice from one lemon into the bowl and set the other one aside.
- Add in the almond meal, rice flour and baking soda then mix. Once mixed, add the apple cider vinegar.
- Bake at 150°C fan bake for 10 minutes – using small muffin trays. If using large muffin trays, bake for around 12 minutes.
- In a small bowl add the rest of the lemon juice and the coconut yogurt (I like Cathedral Cove brand for this as it's nice and thick). Mix and then ice the cupcakes, sprinkling lemon zest on top.