Oaty Muesli Bars
Gluten, dairy, refined sugar free.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil heaped
- ¼ cup honey or pure maple
- ½ cup nut butter whatever nut butter you enjoy
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 1 tbsp pumpkin or sunflower seeds or swap for crushed nuts
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut or swap for seeds or crushed nuts
- 2 tbsp sugar free dark chocolate chips optional, to be pressed into top of bars
- In a medium pot, gently melt the coconut oil, honey/maple, nut butter until liquid and smooth and remove from heat.
- Add in all the other ingredients except for the dark chocolate chips and stir together until you have a fudgy sticky mixture.
- Line a loaf baking tin with baking paper and turn mixture into tin. Press out firmly until compacted and flat. Add evenly the dark chocolate chips and press into mixture.
- Place in fridge to set for a few hours before removing and slicing (or in freezer if need faster!) Once sliced, store in fridge or freezer.
Additional flavours, the possibilities are endless – grate in lemon or orange rind and squeeze in some juice. Use nitrate free sultanas instead of chocolate.