Sultana Pumpkin Bread
Gluten, dairy, refined sugar free (can be grain free)
- 150 g pumpkin, diced should be about ¾ cup once mashed
- 3 eggs average size, if large just use two
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 apple, skin on grated
- 2 tbsp flaxseed ground
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup rice flour for grain free, replace with flaxseed or more almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup sultanas or walnuts or dark chocolate
- Measure and chop pumpkin into cubes and steam until cooked.
- Turn oven onto 160°C fan bake.
- Add all the wet ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together. Grate in the apple.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix together.
- Mash the pumpkin (do not add any other liquid) and add to the bowl and combine.
- Place baking paper in a loaf tin and spoon in mixture. Cook for approx 45-50 minutes, until springs back.