Gluten, dairy, sugar, soy, nut, grain free.
- 1 onion red
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 500 grams venison steaks cubed (or use beef steak)
- 10 button mushrooms sliced thinly
- 6-8 breakfast mushrooms sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- ½ cup apple kombucha or apple or pear cider
- ⅓ cup beef stock/broth
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley or 3 tsp dried
- quality sea salt and pepper
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1-2 cups chopped spinach
- Heat a large saucepan to a medium heat using a fat of your choice (I like duck fat for this) and soften onions. Add garlic then venison.
- Once venison is slightly browned, add all the mushrooms, coconut aminos, cider/kombucha, beef stock, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Simmer gently and allow half of the liquid to be absorbed – around 20 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add the coconut cream and spinach and simmer for another 10 minutes until thickened.
- Serve with creamy kumara or pumpkin mash, zucchini noodles, rice noodles or rice. Or on it's own is delish.