Gluten, dairy, sugar, soy, nut, grain free.
- 1 onion red
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 500 grams venison steaks cubed (or use beef steak)
- 10 button mushrooms sliced thinly
- 6-8 breakfast mushrooms sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- ½ cup apple kombucha or apple or pear cider
- ⅓ cup beef stock/broth
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley or 3 tsp dried
- quality sea salt and pepper
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1-2 cups chopped spinach
Heat a large saucepan to a medium heat using a fat of your choice (I like duck fat for this) and soften onions. Add garlic then venison.
Once venison is slightly browned, add all the mushrooms, coconut aminos, cider/kombucha, beef stock, parsley and salt and pepper.
Simmer gently and allow half of the liquid to be absorbed - around 20 minutes. Stir frequently.
Add the coconut cream and spinach and simmer for another 10 minutes until thickened.
Serve with creamy kumara or pumpkin mash, zucchini noodles, rice noodles or rice. Or on it's own is delish.