Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten, dairy, egg free, refined sugar free.
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1½ cups almond meal
- ¼ cup desiccated or shredded coconut
- ½ tsp good quality salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½-¾ cup chocolate chips I use Healtheries Baking Bits - sugar free
- ½ cup coconut oil or butter - I use a mixture of the two! Don't use all butter otherwise cookies will be crumbly.
- ⅓ cup pure maple or honey
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 160°C fan bake.
In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together getting any lumps out.
In a small bowl or saucepan, melt the coconut oil and/or butter. Stir in the maple or honey plus the vanilla extract. Then pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and stir.
Once the mixture has come together, roll into balls and press out onto a tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a rack to allow to cool and set.