Creamy Leek, Root Veg & Salmon Chowder
Gluten, dairy, sugar, grain, nut free.
- ½ leek include some greens, sliced finely
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 medium potatoes or equivalent in pumpkin for lower carb
- 1 medium kumara diced
- 1½ cups chicken broth/stock 1 jar of homemade chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- any spices you like paprika or curry are nice
- 1 tin of coconut cream
- salmon fillet or a large tin of wild caught salmon
Heat olive, coconut oil or animal fat in a large pot and soften the leeks and garlic.
Add the potatoes or pumpkin and kumara along with the broth. Simmer until soft, add salt and pepper, any spices and lightly mash the veg.
Add the coconut cream and salmon and simmer gently until chowder thickens and the flavours entwine, for around 15 minutes.
Swap potatoes for pumpkin for lower carb.